Tuesday, July 27, 2010

True Thai #2

This weekend, I had the opportunity to return to True Thai. I was definitely looking forward to this since it is so critically acclaimed, yet has never impressed me to the same extent. Yet again, I think that do a decent job, but they definitely don't scream best ever to me.

My dining companion and I started with Fried Tofu, which was delicious, but pretty standard. For dinner, my dining companion ordered Laab with Beef (Your choice of minced ingredients blended with healthy portions of lime juice, roasted rice powder, coriander, and shallots. Served with sticky rice), which he adored.

I ordered Southern Thai Bean-Thread Rice Vermicelli Salad (Deliciously seasoned with authentic Thai spices, mixed with pork and shrimp,blended with sweet and spicy dressing with lime) because I didn't recall seeing anything like it anywhere else. I ordered it as a 5 (out of 5), which the waitress recorded as "TH" (Thai Hot) and it in fact had an amazing spice level. The blend of flavors, pork and shrimp was a real win.

Like I said the first time I reviewed True Thai, their service definitely has room for improvement. It's just...so slow!

Rating- :) :) :) 3 out of 5 Smiles from Sukie

True Thai on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment