Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Royal Orchid

Tonight, I picked up take-out from Royal Orchid, " The Best Thai Food," in Roseville. I first heard about this place through a friend and had my doubts....Thai food in a strip mall? When you go inside, you may continue having doubts as the ambiance is less than perfect. However, there are always people in there because the food is great and so is the service!

I decided to go with Pineapple Fried Rice with Chicken- very spicy (fried rice with a touch of class; fresh chunks of pineapple, diced carrots and onions with your choice of meat, served in a pineapple bowl. Topped with cashews and garnished with cilantro and green scallions). I'm not much of a fried rice girl, but am trying to keep things exciting and this was one of Royal Orchid's four signature entrees (sounds fancy, right?!) This fried rice was awesome. I was nervous to do something without sauce (I go gaga for sauce), but this rice had a ton of kick.

Because I ordered take-out, I did not have the opportunity to see it served in a pineapple bowl (sorry, kids!). The one questionable component was that there were raisins in the rice. The menu definitely didn't list raisins....they were good though!

Decor: eclectic
Prices: average ($10-$15)
Spice level: Just right!

More information:

Royal Orchid
2401 Fairview Avenue N
Roseville, MN 55113

www.thebestthaifood.com

Royal Orchid on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment