Friday, September 18, 2009

Thanh Do



For my first official dinner in my journey of experiencing all Minneapolis-St. Paul area Thai food, I ventured to Thanh Do, "the new generation of Asian cuisine." This restaurant, located in a strip mall type area of St Louis Park, is all the rage for some of my friends and several co-workers. It is also the same ownership and Executive Chef as Azia, a restaurant on Eat Street that I love.

I ordered Bangkok Noodles with tofu, spice level of 4- highest (Your choice of meat, Bangkok style curry, tomatoes, mushroom, onion, scallion and fresh egg noodles). This dish was delicious. The tofu was cooked to perfection as were the noodles and vegetables. The noodle dish featured green curry, known for its sweetness (gotta love coconut milk), but this curry was not especially sweet, which was fine with me. Our server warned us about the spice levels, but unfortunately she was wrong- their highest spice level, while good, was not that spicy.

My friend ordered Pad Thai, a true staple in all Thai restaurants, which was good, but not as good as Roat Osha's, which has come to be my benchmark.

Will I return? Definitely, but I'm not in a huge hurry....

Question to think about: this restaurant featured several types of Asian food, not just Thai. Are Thai-only restaurants better?!

Decor: nice layout, clean space and tables
Prices: average (meals for $10-$20)
Spice level offerings: average

More information:

Thanh Do
3005 Utah Ave.
St. Louis Park, MN 55426

No comments:

Post a Comment