Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bubble Me

Bubble Me is a "Bubble Tea & Snack Bar" that recently opened up in Uptown. As I drove by the other day, I saw an advertisement for curry and added them to my short list.

Although I was quite disappointed, I feel compelled to give Bubble Me a little bit of leeway because they have only been open two weeks. Given that, they should probably stick to the bubble tea and stay away from trying to cook Thai food.

I ordered Green Curry with Chicken, which is one of four Thai items on the menu (other items on the menu include Japanese cuisine and sushi). This meal was LITERALLY green curry with chicken. The curry was very brothy, which is traditional of Thai curry, but its main flavoring was salt. This food was super boring....not horrible enough that I had to throw out...but soo boring.

I definitely don't intend to stop here in the near future for Thai food, but I hope that by the time I'm back they will have soaked up some knowledge from some of the many great Asian restaurants in Uptown.

Decor: best for take-out
Prices: super cheap
Spice level: does salt equal spicy??

More information:

Bubble Me
1404 W. Lake Street
Minneapolis, MN 55408

www.mybubbleme.com
(this website isn't actually up yet- its under construction- but they advertise it on their flyers!

Bubble Me on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment