Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Krua Thailand

I was looking forward to trying Krua Thailand in St. Paul after a friend recommended it as her favorite Thai restaurant. I was even more excited when I saw how close it was to Bangkok Thai Deli...could there be two great places in that area??

After my dining companion and I adjusted to the 100 degree temperature, we started out with an Egg-Roll Salad (sliced cucumber, sliced tomato, fine shredded carrot, sliced lettuce and corn served with sauces). The menu had pictures of every item, which was really convenient and this looked like an interesting take on egg rolls. This dish was delicious- a good variety of flavors and textures, but definitely not spicy (that was ok!).


For an entree, my companion ordered Basil Fried Rice with chicken (Basil, carrot, green bean, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, straw mushroom and white onion). He absolutely loved it (even though it was NOT spicy at all) and I thought it had good flavor. We both really enjoyed the presentation of all of the food- notice the carrot slices and cucumber- very attractive!



I ordered the Pineapple Fried Rice with Tofu- spicy (Pineapple, egg, tomato and mixed vegetables). When it first arrived I was quite disappointed because it wasn't spicy at all and I had asked for extra spicy. Boo! With a little help from the spice tray, I got it to optimal level and then it was delicious and had a lot of good flavor.




The real winner for the night was our dessert- Cinnamon Banana Rolls, which we picked out from the picture immediately. These hot, pastry rolls were filled with delicious, sweet, melted banana and covered with cinnamon sugar. They were a real treat!!

Although my food wasn't spicy, the owner really won me over with his pleasant demeanor and I can't wait to go back and try something else...I'll ask for extra-extra spicy!

Decor: Cutesy with a waterfall
Prices: average ($10-15)
Spice level: needs work

More information:

Krua Thailand
432 University Ave W
St Paul, MN 55103


Krua Thailand on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment