Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Kindee Restaurant

Tonight, I went to Kindee, "a modern Thai restaurant in the heart of the Mill District" with 9 of my closest dining companions (yes, 9). We were excited to try a variety of things, but in the end, really bad Pad Thai ruined our overall dining experience, even though many of the other dishes were great.

I ordered Drunken Noodles with tofu- extra spicy (Stir-fried flat rice noodle with Chinese broccoli, bell peppers and Thai basil Your choice of chicken, tofu, beef or shrimp) at the recommendation of our server who like me, likes his food to tingle the taste buds. Several of my other dining companions ordered this entree as well and we all loved it. The flat rice noodle held tons of flavor and there were plenty of vegetables (and spice for me!)


Many other diners ordered Stir-Fried Vegetables (Assorted vegetables stir-fried Served with brown or jasmine rice), which they loved. Some even ordered extra spice...gotta love the Minnesotans! Another ordered Pad Se Ew Noodle with chicken (Stir-fried flat rice noodle, dark sweet soy sauce, Chinese broccoli, egg Your choice of chicken, beef or tofu), which I would definitely try again! One of my regular companions ordered Red Curry- she didn't like it as much as Massamun, but I thought it was very tasty. We also had a dear friend order Fried Rice. She said it was only okay...but it's Fried Rice?! My expectations would never be that high....

Lastly, my newly married friend ordered Pad Thai, probably the most popular Thai dish. Unfortunately, this Pad Thai was TERRIBLE. I know it sounds like I'm being over-the-top harsh, but really....if your Pad Thai is bad...I'm over you! The noodles had no flavor and were gummy and not at all spicy. Barely any vegetables...no aroma coming from the plate...ugh...she had to return them and get something else (more Drunken Noodles!) and let me tell you, we are not dinner-returners! Sorry, Kindee, but I'm worried for you!

On a lighter note, as we were enjoying our dessert (Coconut Ice Cream- so-so and Fried Bananas- YUM) we did have the opportunity to chat for a moment with Bobby Bruiniks and one of his buddies. One of my companions graciously thanked him for our educations....oh my!

All in all, I am not looking forward to going back to anywhere that can't make a decent Pad Thai....

Decor: It was fine...the restrooms were a touch creepy
Prices: average ($10-$15)
Spice level: Good

More information:

Kindee Thai Restuarant
719 S. 2nd St.
Minneapolis 55401

www.kindeethairestuarant.com

Kindee Thai Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment