Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ruam Mit Thai

Blah...that's how I'm going to describe Ruam Mit Thai in St. Paul. I hate writing negative reviews...but tonight was just not good at all. The restaurant is located in downtown St. Paul (so cute), but I probably won't be back soon... I was anxious to go there after reading a review by Minneapolis & St. Paul Restaurant Critics, which specifically mentioned the Pad Thai, but maybe they were having an off day?

I ordered take-out and wanted to try Curry Puffs (three hand-made pastries filled with coconut curried potatoes, chicken and onions, deep fried to a golden brown. Accompanied with a fresh cucumber salad topped with fresh peanuts) because I had tried them at King & I and although good, I thought I could possibly find something even better. Unfortunately, they were not good...at all. As I ate one, I tried to decide if it tasted more like dessert or bad mashed potatoes or what? All I know is the flavor was sweet and I would not have been able to tell you that there was chicken or onion in there!

Next I moved on to Pad Thai with chicken- extra spicy (By far, our most popular dish! It perfectly compliements any of our other entrees or is delicious alone. Stir-fried rice noodles, egg, bean sprouts and green onion; garnished with crushed peanuts and a wedge of lemon). Although the dish was quite spicy, which I love, it was lacking on flavor and had these huge chunks of flattened chicken...so weird that I had to pull them all out (yucky chicken makes me want to be a vegetarian again). I ate a little more without the weird chicken, but the lack of flavor bored me, so I tossed it.


Me not saving leftovers is a statement!!!

Decor: Looked okay- I got takeout
Prices: average ($10-15)
Spice level: good

More information:

Ruam Mit Thai
475 St. Peter St.
St. Paul, MN 55102

www.ruam-mit-thai.com

Ruam Mit Thai Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment