Friday, October 16, 2009

King & I Thai

Absolutely scrumptious!

I was really looking forward to trying the King & I Thai in Loring Park after seeing tons of positive feedback on other blogs and boy were they right!! Although it was basically in a basement, it was huge and had a really nice ambiance. We started with Curry Puffs (Delicate pastry filled with curried potato and chicken with spicy sriracha sauce for dipping). They were good, but anything dipped in sriracha sauce is just to die for!

For a main course, my dining companion chose the Combination Raad Na-spice level 4 (Wide rice noodles in savory sauce with pork, calamari and shrimp). Although it was good, it was not spicy at all and it was hard to distinguish between the huge chunks of calamari and the wide rice noodles...

I ordered the Chef's Special Curry with chicken- spice level 5 (today's: yellow curry with brocolli, carrots, potato and peanut) and it was AMAZING!! It was savory and spicy and was thicker, which is the way I prefer (although research has told me traditional Thai curry is thinner). The portions were huge and the curry was so delicious I just kept eating....yet I still have at least two cups of it left!!!

Other blogs said the service was spotty, but our waitress was great- knew a lot about the food and was quick to refill water (it's not like I'm ever thirsty, right?!)

Although this was definitely a more expensive choice than the places I normally frequent, I will definitely be back soon!! Oh and make a reservation!!

Decor: Great- very spacious, but with lots of little nooks
Prices: high ($18-$30)
Spice level: perfection

More information:

King and I Thai
1346 Lasalle Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55403

www.kingandithai.com

King & I Thai on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment