Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hong Thai

Oh the joys of shopping! As a break for some serious outlet mall shopping, my friend and I decided to try Hong Thai, a Thai restaurant in Albertville about 1 mile from the outlet malls. We were pleasantly surprised with our lunch.

To start we had Spring Rolls (Rice noodles, crispy lettuce, bean sprouts, sautéed beefsteak, wrapped in rice paper, served with our own sauce), which were good, but the peanut sauce was the real winner- too bad we didn't have quite enough. Our waitress was slightly MIA, so we made it work.




For lunch, my dining companion ordered Spicy Noodle with Basil and vegetables (Stir-fried egg noodle, bamboo shoot, bean sprout, onion, tomato and carrot with spicy garlic sauce and basil), which had a surprisingly rich flavor. We also loved that the carrots were cut in cute shapes! She didn't intend to have a large lunch, but it was delish and she kept eating.



I ordered Pad Thai with chicken (Stir-fried rice noodles, egg, bean sprout, green onion and topped with roasted peanut), which was very savory and quite traditional since it was on the drier side. I enjoyed it a lot, but resisted taking leftovers (I am only taking leftovers when I can't resist because I'm trying to eat healthier).

Overall, it was a good experience, but they didn't have tofu, which is quite unusual. I guess the cool wooden chairs made up for that?! They looked like they might have even been from Thailand...some of them features elephants.

Decor: loooved the chairs
Price:Average ($10-15)
Spice: just fine

For more information:

Hong Thai
5600 La Centre Ave
Albertville, MN 55301

www.hongthairestaurant.com

Hong Thai on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I know this blog is years old but actually we DO carry tofu now, and the chairs ARE from Thailand, the last of their kind and hand made from a very special type of teak that is no longer available. Cheers from Hong Thai!

    ReplyDelete