Monday, November 2, 2009

Taste of Thailand- Downtown Minneapolis

Last Thursday, in a surprise twist of plans, I was able to try Taste of Thailand in Downtown Minneapolis. It was a crazy busy night downtown, but Taste of Thailand was noticeably quiet...that made me and my dining companions a touch suspicious.

We started with Cream Cheese Wontons (risky, I know!), which were good, but pretty standard, which is fine with me.

Both of my dining companions preferred a little less on the spice side and ordered their meals with no chilies (I smiled and acted normal- don't worry). One dining companion ordered Chicken Pad Thai, a staple, which had great flavor. Although it wasn't very juicy, like I like, it was more traditional than most Pad Thai's I have had recently. My other dining companion ordered Pineapple Fried Rice with Chicken, which looked good and she enjoyed, but I couldn't add enough spice to make it worth eating to me.

I ordered a Peanut Curry with Chicken on a bed of spinach. I don't see this dish everywhere and was eager to try it. It had amazing flavor- rich and savory- I loved it!! They warned me that their medium spice level was like an extra hot level at other Thai restaurants in the area so I ordered medium. Well that waiter (who was also slow and awkward) was wrong! It was not spicy enough.

Overall, the dining experience was very mediocre and I have yet to try their other 5 locations!!


Decor: Fine
Prices: average ($10-15)
Spice level: okay- a normal scale

More information:

Taste of Thailand
11 S 7th St
Minneapolis, MN 55402


They have a website listed...but it is incorrect!



Taste of Thailand on Urbanspoon

1 comment: