Sunday, November 22, 2009

Boba Thai Lounge

After a journey to Brooklyn Center's Brookdale Mall I arrived at Boba Thai Lounge, which looked more like a bar and grill, but was still delicious.

My dining companion and I decided to share a salad to start- Yummy Noodle Eggroll salad (Vermicelli noodles on a bed of chopped lettuce, carrots, cucumber and cilantro with eggrolls, topped with crushed peanuts). While this sounded super bizarre, the picture on the menu looked awfully appetizing and this was definitely the favorite. Although it wasn't spicy, it had great flavor with the cilantro, peanut and sweet and sour sauce. I could have had this as a main course.

For a main course, my dining companion ordered Masamun Curry (chicken stewed in a masamun curry with coconut cream, potatoes, onions, tomatoes and peanuts). She thought it was okay, but compared to other curries she has had (red, yellow and green), she did not enjoy it as much. As a lover of masamun curry, I tried it and have to say it was quite good and definitely tasted as it should.



When we first arrived, we asked the waitress for suggestions and her favorites. She told us her favorite was Spicy Lemongrass Beef (thin tender slices of beef cooked medium well, then tossed with lime, lemongrass, Thai chilies, roasted rice powder, kaffir lime leaves, bean sprouts, yellow onions and tomatoes, topped with chopped green onion and cilantro), but that we wouldn't like it because it is spicy and sour. Well after that remark, I obviously chose to order it. She couldn't have been more wrong- it had great flavor and hit the mark on my personal spice scale! She claimed it was tingly (we assumed she meant spice?) but it definitely didn't burn my lips (a sensation I do enjoy).

Overall, it was a good dining experience and I look forward to returning....hopefully they will have pop next time (they were out!) and maybe I can go when the mall is open!

Decor: forgettable- like a bar and grill
Prices: average ($10-15)
Spice level: good

More information:

Boba Thai Lounge
1268 Brookdale Shopping Center
Brookyln Center, MN 55430

www.boba-cafe.com

Boba Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment