Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thai Curry House

When I arrive at a new restaurant in a strip mall, I always think...this could be really good or really bad! Well, congrats Thai Curry House, you were really good! I met my dining companions for lunch in Burnsville (a touch past where I usually wander) and was immediately taken in by the decor- there were several different styled dining areas within the one restaurant, including a few tables where you could sit on the floor.

One of my dining companions ordered Yellow Curry with chicken- no spice, which arrived looking quite reddish. She loved it and my other dining companion and I both thought it had great flavor, despite the fact that there was absolutely no spice involved (she claimed to see small, red specks of spice...I beg to differ).




My other dining companion ordered Drunken Noodles with chicken- spice level 4. Why they don't have this dish at more restaurants is beyond me? It is so delicious. This was the real winner today. Even though it wasn't very spicy, it had a really rich and savory flavor. I was jealous!




I ordered Green Curry with pork- spice level 5 (that's for you, sis!), which was quite good, but definitely not spicy enough. (I have to admit that even though it was quite tasty....it wasn't jaw-dropping like the Green Curry at Bangkok Thai Deli). The pork was cooked well and tasted delicious. I also enjoyed that the bamboo shoots were sliced into fine pieces instead of larger chunks- it was quite conducive to having a bit of bamboo with every bite!


For dessert, we decided to get Mangoes and Sticky Rice (it's become a favorite of mine!) and a Fried Banana. They were both good, but we would have liked a higher sticky rice to mango ratio and the fried bananas came with vanilla ice cream with sprinkes....a touch bizarre!

Overall, it was worth the trek to Burnsville and I look forward to returning.

Decor: welcoming!
Prices: average ($10-15)
Spice level: they could go a lot hotter!

More information:

Thai Curry House
1916 Highway 13 East
Burnsville, MN 55337

Thai Curry House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment