Monday, November 16, 2009

Joy's Pattaya Thai Restaurant

To sum it up, I'd say that Joy's Pattaya Thai Restaurant wasn't especially memorable. Yes, the food was pretty good and the service was okay...but if I hadn't been able to share it with such an amazing dining companion, I probably would have forgotten I went there!

To start, we ordered Angel Wings (boneless chicken wing stuffed with minced water chestnuts, carrots, chicken and glass noodle) and Curry Puffs (puff pastry filled with avocado, chicken, potatoes, onion) because we were both starving!! The Angel Wings I recognized as I'd tried them at Bangkok Thai Deli. These were equally bizarre, but pretty tasty! We loved the sauce- it had a bit of a kick.


The Curry Puffs were definitely the best of the three places I've had them (King & I, Ruam Mit Thai and here). They were really light and flaky and anything with avocado is AMAZING (I haven't seen avocado at a Thai restaurant before....) We couldn't quite figure out what one of the sauces was...it might have had pickle in it? We stuck to the sweet and sour sauce instead.



He ordered Rama and chicken (a choice of meat with steamed spinach, sprouts and cauliflower topped with peanut sauce), which he loved. It really was quite an attractive dish and he said it had a fair amount of spice even though he hadn't indicated a preference. I was impressed he tried something new, but he admitted that peanut sauce is an easy choice.



I ordered Panang Curry with chicken (exotic panang curry paste with coconut milk, basil leaves and bell peppers. A choice of meat), which I hadn't had in ages (okay, weeks, but still!) It had a really rich and savory flavor, but it wasn't spicy enough for my taste...they had three options: mild, medium and hot, but hot was more of a medium- boo! It was still delicious and I really enjoyed their chicken.

All in all, everything was really good, but it just didn't stick out that much....and my dining companion agreed.

Decor: fine
Price: average ($10-15)
Spice: could have used a spice tray....

For More Information:
7545 Lyndale Avenue S
Richfield, MN 44523

www.joyspattayathai.com

Joy's Pattaya Thai Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment