Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Eastside Thai

What a treat! I drove through the snow and traffic to try Eastside Thai in St. Paul. With no website and no posted reviews...I wasn't sure what to expect. This 10-table restaurant put me at ease immediately- it's clear that it's family run and local. The menu is small with under 30 items and no desserts.

I decided to have some comfort food- Pad Thai with tofu (we bring the taste of this famous noodle dish from the street vendors in Thailand just for you). It was absolutely delicious! From what I read, it was prepared quite traditionally (next time I'm in Bangkok, I really need to pay closer attention!). Unlike my dining companion's noodles on Saturday, these noodles were prepared to perfection and had a ton of flavor without being very greasy. The fried tofu wasn't the best I've ever tasted, but overall the meal really impressed me.

I am excited to return...hopefully to dine-in next time!

Decor: comforting
Prices: cheap! under $10
Spice level: nail on head

More information:

Eastside Thai
879 Payne Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55101

Eastside Thai on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment