Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Magic Thai Cafe

What a riot! My dining companion and I enjoyed Magic Thai Cafe in Eagan, which included fun music and a quirky server....oh and great food!

My dining companion ordered Pa Nang with chicken- medium spice (strips of red and green bell peppers, onions, coconut milk, red curry, kaffir lead, topped with ground peanuts). It wasn't super spicy, but overall had good flavor. It definitely wasn't the best panang curry I've had, but it was okay! (In case you're thinking I can't spell "panang," you're wrong....I'm pretty sure there is no correct way of spelling it...."Pa Nang" is how this restaurant listed it!!)

I ordered Spicy Noodle with chicken- hot (stir fried rice noodles with onions, green onions, tomatoes, and basil). I didn't order "very hot," just "hot" because our server assured us that the spice scale was a Thai spice scale and not a Minnesota spice scale. He seemed very suspicious of us...it seemed like he was thinking "who are these chicks that have probably never had spicy food?" The dish was absolutely scrumptious and I was glad I ordered it "hot" because it made my lips tingle and my nose a touch sniffly (AWESOME!) I loved the flavor and didn't want the dish to end.

Our server quickly brought us our bill, but oh no, we wanted a sweet treat. We ordered Purple Rice with Custard and he immediately tried to get us to order Sweet Rice with Mango instead. Um, hello?! If I wanted Sweet Rice with Mango, wouldn't I have ordered it?! When he brought us the Purple Rice with Custard, he seemed very curious to see if we would like it. Well, we loved it!! My dining companion did some quick research and discovered purple rice is native to Eastern Thailand....hopefully I'll see it at some other restaurants in the future!

Decor: cutesy
Prices: average ($10-15)
Spice level: they can make it hot!

More information:

Magic Thai Cafe
1258 Lone Oak Road
Eagan, MN 55121

www.magicthaicafe.com

Magic Thai Cafe on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. This place is the worst Thai food place I have ever been to. The food sucks and the service is absolutely terrible

    ReplyDelete