Thursday, January 7, 2010

Amazing Thailand

Pleasantly surprised!

Before I started my journey to conquer all Thai in the Twin Cities metro, I tried Amazing Thailand and was quite disappointed. Thus, I've been a bit slow in getting there...even though I live down the street!

My dining companion and I decided to start with Thai Crispy Noodle (a famous northern Thai dish, crispy rice noodles with fried tofu, shrimp and roast pork sauteed in a tangy sauce). We were totally blown away with how delicious this appetizer was. The combination of meat, noodle, and a sauce similar to sweet and sour garnished with carrots and more was a great treat before our lunch. I'd definitely order this again.

For lunch, my dining companion ordered Tom Yum soup with tofu (hot and sour soup served with mushrooms and cream). I found myself quite jealous as I stared at her hot pot...the soup was extremely flavorful and the tofu was cooked perfectly. It definitely warmed her up in the middle of a frigid day.



It had been quite a while since I'd had a rice dish, so I decided to ordered Sriracha Fried Rice with chicken ( rice fried with egg, onion, sweet peas, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and sriracha sauce). I forgot how much I loved sriracha sauce...it has such good flavor. I was definitely impressed with the spice (level 4 of 5 was quite good) and the overall flavorful of a sometimes-boring dish!

Decor: loved it
Price: normal ($10-15)
Spice level: about right

For more information:

Amazing Thailand
3024 Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55408


www.amazingthailandrestaurant.com

Amazing Thailand on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment