Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sawatdee on Washington Ave

Fourth times the charm...

On Tuesday, one of my favorite dining companions and I went to our first meditation class, hosted by the owner of Sawatdee, Supenn Harrison. We enjoyed, but struggled, as we tried to learn the basics of meditation from two Thai monks. It was quite an engaging experience.

After our class, we decided to have a late dinner. I'll admit, even though the restaurant was beautiful and we loved the ambiance (minus the freezing temperature), I was a bit nervous for dinner. This was my fourth Sawatdee experience of the five in the area (there is a sixth in St. Cloud) and the first three had been bad to okay, but nothing outstanding.

My dining companion ordered her favorite, Pad Thai with chicken and for the first time since I've known her joined the clean plate club! I think she probably still favors Roat Osha's Pad Thai (gosh I feel like I mention theirs a lot...), but it was really well done.

I ordered Supenn's Thai Style Pasta with chicken- spice level 4 (Rice noodles & mixed steamed vegetables are topped with zesty green curry sauce- cannot be prepared mild. For the adventuresome diner only). When I saw the description online, I wanted to try the dish since I think I'm fairly adventuresome! I was genuinely impressed with this dish. I'm not sure if it would surpass Bangkok Thai Deli's green curry, but it was pretty amazing. The vegetables were done perfectly and the dish was very very hot!

I was very pleased with this experience and our overall night at Sawatdee.

Decor: awesome
Price: normal ($10-15)
Spice level: great- they can make it spicy!

For more information:

Sawatdee on Washington
607 Washington Avenue S
Minneapolis, MN 55415

www.sawatdee.com

Sawatdee on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment