Monday, January 11, 2010

Sawatdee- Bloomington

Blah...

For my third Sawatdee experience, I took my dining companion to Sawatdee in Bloomginton. After a disappointing experience at the downtown "bar and cafe" and a pretty good experience at the location in St. Paul, I was eager to see what Sawatdee in Bloomington had in store for us!

Unfortunately, it was pretty darn boring. We started with a Papaya Salad, which was okay, but boring and NOT spicy (even though we ordered a 4/5). My dining companion ordered her favorite, Green Curry with Pork (pork simmered in coconut milk, green curry paste with bamboo shoots and green peppers), which was extremely disappointing. It almost reminded me of Bubble Me's all salt, no flavor curry. She had been really craving Thai and this was not what she had in mind!

I ordered Pad Thai with Pork (stir-fried rice noodles with egg, crisp bean sprouts, onions and delicious spice. Topped with ground peanuts), which was okay, but again SUPER boring. It was not spicy (another 4/5) and just lacked overall flavor. It made me sad as I thought of the Pad Thai at Lemon Grass Thai Cuisine and Roat Osha...

Overall, this experience was really disappointing....the service was even only so-so (and it was 4:45pm so the restaurant had just us...oh and no music!)

Decor: fine
Price: normal ($10-15)
Spice level: maybe they thought we wanted more salt?

For more information:

Amazing Thailand
8501 Lyndale Ave S
Bloomington, MN 55420


www.sawatdee.com

Sawatdee Bloomington on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment