Saturday, January 16, 2010

Asian Hon

So sick of bad Thai food...

I have had a lot of bad luck lately trying new places and it's getting to me. Tonight my dining companion and I drove to Shakopee to go to Asian Hon. Online and when I called, they said they have both Chinese and Thai food. The huge sign above their building says Chinese and Thai, but apparently all they had for Thai food was Pad Thai! I felt badly right away since this dining companion had already been to two other bad places with me...maybe she is a bad luck charm?!

After the worst cream cheese wontons I've ever had, my dining companion chose to order Chinese food and I sadly ordered the Pad Thai with tofu since it was basically my only option. This was by far the worst Pad Thai I've ever had. Yes, it had peanuts, rice noodles, and egg, but it tasted nothing like any other Pad Thai I've ever had. Use a gallon of salt or what?! We both ordered spicy entrees, but neither was spicy AT ALL. I ate the tofu off of it and left the rest. How disappointing!! I definitely won't be back!!


Decor: Chinese
Price: normal ($10-15)
Spice level: salt does not equal spice!

For more information:

Asian Hon
1135 1st Avenue East
Shakopee, MN 55379

asianhonshakopee.com

Din Ho Buffet on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment